Search This Blog

Friday, May 19, 2017

Copernicanism comment from Germany

      I received a private email from a German correspondent whom I will call "JM". This may have been because I did not allow public comments on my "Copernicanism" series, and so this was the only way for "JM" to make a comment.  The sender granted me permission to publish his email which reads as follows:
Researching geocentricity and bible I found your blog. It is very, very interesting. Though I am involved in this topic since 2016, I never heard from F.E. Pasche and the Missouri Synode. Thank you for this amazing publications.
I am from Germany, so I can learn something new about Luther and the lutherian church. This fits to the 500. anniversary of reformation.
Do you know Robert Sungenis and his approach to geocentricity? Very interesting also!
Greeting from Germany 
JM 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Reply to "JM":
      As I stated in my first reply to you, I was pleased to hear your comments.  I am happy you find the information beneficial.  Certainly you, as a German, do not need any of my English translation work!  How I envy you!
      As for Robert Sungenis, I can say that I have read about his background history in Dr. Gerhardus Bouw's book Geocentricity: Christianity in the Woodshed (see geocentricity.com).  Sungenis is now known for his "conversion back to Roman Catholicism" and for defending against the "Protestant doctrine" of salvation by faith alone.  But his "defense" flies directly in the face of the Bible and the Apostle Paul:
Eph. 2:8-9 – For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. (Lutherbibel 1545 here: Denn aus Gnaden seid ihr selig worden durch den Glauben, und dasselbige nicht aus euch, GOttes Gabe ist es; nicht aus den Werken, auf daß sich nicht jemand rühme.)
So Sungenis's "defense" of "geocentricity" falls to the ground.  Why?  Because he does not believe the Bible at its foundation.  The Gospel of John states of the Holy Scriptures that 
"…these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name."  John 20:31 (Lutherbibel 1545 here: "Diese aber sind geschrieben, daß ihr glaubet, JEsus sei Christus, der Sohn GOttes, und daß ihr durch den Glauben das Leben habet in seinem Namen.")
      And so, JM, I send you greetings from America back to the land of Luther's Reformation: Germany.  I was going to think that your only interest in this subject was the "scientific" aspect.  But then you spoke of "Luther and the Lutheran Church"… and then you said:
"This fits to the 500. anniversary of reformation." -- JM
I would say that you are right!  That Luther believed the Bible and so the Reformation came to be because he believed it at its foundation -- the Gospel.
      You may study all the scientific aspects that Pastor F.E. Pasche wrote about in his 2 books -- there certainly is a lot of science and history of science in them.  For more up-to-date science, you may want to purchase Dr. Bouw's book.  I would suggest that you hold off reading the works of Robert Sungenis, at least until you are well-grounded in the truth. --

I must add this: The greatest warnings against Copernicanism were from... Lutherans.

BackToLuther

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments only accepted when directly related to the post.